At St. Michael’s Church of England Primary School our key mission is to provide a high quality of education through a range of experiences which include:
- a broad and balanced curriculum;
- a welcoming caring and safe environment;
- a stimulating and happy community;
- the ethos of a Church school supporting Christian values;
- the promotion of moral, spiritual, social and cultural activities;
- the value and recognition of the importance of home/school/community partnerships;
- ensuring equal opportunities exist;
- an extensive range of extra curricular activities.
To achieve this mission we encourage pupils to:
- be independent learners;
- become life long learners;
- achieve high standards;
- maintain respect and tolerance for all peoples and property;
- develop high expectations both academically and socially;
- acquire the skills to live in a technological society;
- develop self-discipline, self-motivation and self-confidence in their own ability.
These aims are relevant to all of our children, irrespective of age, ability or social background.