PART TIME DEPUTY HEADTEACHER AND SENCo (0.8)
ST. MICHAEL’S C.E. PRIMARY SCHOOL, DALSTON, CARLISLE, CUMBRIA
ISR Group 2
Salary: Leadership range L4 – L8, pro rata £42,398 – £46,799, subject to experience
Part time, permanent
Starting September 2018
At this very exciting time in our school’s life, the Governing Body of St. Michael’s C of E Primary School wish to appoint an exceptional candidate with a flair for and a proven track record in Senior Leadership to the role of Deputy Headteacher. We are looking for somebody who is able to:
- support and assist the newly appointed Headteacher in the day to day running of the school
- work with staff to ensure improvement and progress
- work alongside the Senior Leadership Team and Governing Body to strategically plan the direction of the school and play an active role in monitoring and evaluating this direction
- support and celebrate the strong Christian ethos of the school
The successful candidate would take on responsibility for the co-ordination of SEND across the school and would therefore need to demonstrate:
- an excellent, up to date, working knowledge of the SEND in Primary Schools
- an ability to foster positive and productive relationships with families and outside agencies
- the knowledge and expertise to be able to co-ordinate support across the school, including liaising with support staff and class teachers, in order to ensure the needs of our pupils are met
As the role would involve a degree of whole class teaching, initially in the form of planned cover, the candidate would need to demonstrate:
- an outstanding ability to teach across the whole primary age range
- a sound working knowledge of the primary curriculum
- the ability to plan and deliver inspirational and creative lessons which ensure progress
In return we can offer:
- a positive and happy school, with amazing children who are keen to learn
- experienced and skilled staff who are determined to drive the school forward and provide the best for our children
- friendly and supportive parents and carers
- a Governing Body rich in expertise, with a clear vision for the school
- strong parental support.
- exciting times ahead!
The school is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children; the successful candidate will require enhanced DBS clearance.
Potential candidates are welcome to visit the school and should contact the Clerk to the Governors, Mrs Carol McDonald, before the closing date but please avoid Fridays if possible.
The application form, job description, personnel specification and a letter from the Headteacher can be found below.
Please send a completed County Council application form and a covering letter electronically to
Closing date for applications: 12 noon, Friday 4 May 2018
Shortlisting: Tuesday 8 and Wednesday 9 May
Interviews: Wednesday 23 May
St. Michael’s C.E. Primary School